Work With McCloud Aquatics
What we stand for
McCloud Aquatics is an environmental science company that provides lake and pond services to homeowners and businesses per contract, as “FRIENDS OF THE WATER”
McCloud Aquatics (family-owned and operated) provides lake and pond management solutions to a variety of freshwater bodies in the Chicago-land area. From private ponds to large water bodies greater than 75 acres, our goal is to safely care for one of our greatest natural resources, water.
At McCloud Aquatics we are determined to provide the best solution for our customer’s waterways through strategic planning and continuous education.
Our goal is to provide lake and pond management services to assist in keeping the water healthy.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or for more information for any of the posted positions!
Lake Management Specialist - Full Time
We are looking to fill the Lake Management Specialist (LMS) position; this job entails performing aquatic services (chemical treatment, microbial applications, aeration, etc) in accordance with EPA guidelines and regulations, company policies and procedures, and within all state, federal, and product label requirements. The LMS will also be taking advantage of opportunities to sell additional company services and products to new and existing customers, develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with customers. This person would also need to be proactive in solving customer problems and concerns.
The LMS will maintain company vehicle, boat, trailer, and all issued equipment within the company’s standards. Services work is to be completed as directed in an efficient and timely matter with all documentation being properly filled out and distributed.
All required job training is provided.
Training/Certification: Obtain and maintain state-issued General Standard licensing, obtain and maintain certifications in all areas required to perform work, attend and complete all company training sessions.
At least 18 years of age
High school diploma or Equivalent
Free of illegal drug use
Able to work before 8 AM and after 5 PM, and/or weekends
Intermediate skill with computers and proficient internet skills
Ability to operate a variety of mechanical equipment
Ability to lift and move up to 55 lbs.
Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
No more than 1 speeding ticket within the last 3 years
No Citations for driving under the influence within the last 3 years
Read, speak, and comprehend English
Learn and maintain knowledge of various aquatic vegetation
Knowledge of Aquatic products, treatments, and services, and how to apply them.
Knowledge of State aquatic regulations and safety procedures
Oral and written communication skills
Ability to maneuver and operate a trailer, vehicle, and boat; ability to launch, re-trailer, and secure the boat.
Walk on uneven terrain and shoreline; ability to climb up and over structures or into crawl spaces.
Proper use of ALL personal protective equipment
Aerator Maintenance/Repair Specialist - Full Time
Summary: Assembles, services and repairs electronic components and systems with hand tools, test equipment, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s specifications in a timely, accurate manner by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, diagnoses, services and repairs electronic equipment and other related equipment maintenance.
- Applies knowledge, uses hand tools and operates test equipment such as test meters, ammeters, voltmeters or oscilloscope ohmmeters according to established procedures.
- Apply proper maintenance techniques and ability to use power and hand tools to perform repairs/ maintenance.
- Reads and understands wiring diagrams to trace electronic circuits and ensures proper operation according to engineering/manufacturer’s specifications.
- Coordinate daily schedule to ensure all services are completed on schedule.
- Maintains appropriate communication with the office to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Completes and submits service documentation as needed with the relevant service/billing information.
- Assist others in the performance and completion of their work.
- Monitor maintenance/repair related supplies and report needs to management.
- Provides research for part prices/availability, manufacture’s specifications, warranty status, estimate approval or other related items for customers as required.
- Respond to emergency situations under any adverse working conditions, and make informed and accurate decisions.
- Maintains a professional manner to enhance the company’s image with customers.
- Attends and participates in technical meetings.
- Follow job related safety regulations as prescribed by training guidelines.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner.